Nike Unite launches new location in Fresno, offering a diverse line of athletic retail

Sneakerheads get ready for exclusive Nike merchandise. Nike opened its first store in Fresno, offering a variety of different clothes, shoes and accessories to choose from.

On March 7, locals welcomed Nike Unite, the first official Nike store in Fresno inside the River Park Shopping Center.

“I work at the Tulare one and most of the people that come in are usually from Fresno, so for them to have a store out here is pretty clutch,” said Alex Hernandez, Nike Factory store employee.

The store occupies the spot of what used to be Macaroni Grill in River Park, on the corner of Blackstone and El Paso avenues.

The lines were wrapped around the 14,000 square feet building, with customers anticipating the doors to open and heavy traffic guided by security.

People arrived at the location nearly 12 hours in advance but were unable to line up until 7 a.m. on opening day, according to a security guard at the opening.

Customers can now shop for the latest Nike footwear and accessories at the new store. (Carlos Rene Castro)

With customers upset with the cold weather, the suspense only continued to grow to see what would be inside the store.

Upon entering the store, guests were welcomed by a DJ playing the latest hits and workers were ready to answer any questions customers might have.

The store display had an interesting look, with the top of each shoebox cut off, so shoppers could see the various options without having to open the boxes individually.

The store is filled with a variety of lifestyle choices, from shirts and sweats down to water bottles, basketballs and backpacks. Nike customers can’t forget the wide option of shoes.

“I came down here to return some stuff, see if I find any gems here, and swap it out,” Hernandez said.

“Nike Unite” will be open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. on Sundays.