For Rent Dr J Ad

Tower Porchfest plans to celebrate community with performances from local musicians

This+year+marks+the+fourth+year+for+Tower+Porchfest.+
Blake Wolf/The Collegian
This year marks the fourth year for Tower Porchfest.

Tower Porchfest, a vibrant celebration in Tower District, is more than just a music festival, it’s a testament to community and local talent.

This annual event transforms the neighborhood into a stage for local bands and artists, drawing neighbors and visitors together to enjoy a diverse range of musical performances right from the porches of residents.

Tower Porchfest is a blend of music, art, and community and is completely run with the help of volunteers.

Tower Porchfest is a free community music and art event where front porches in Tower District transform into venues that welcome local bands and art. It is organized by Creative Fresno and the Tower Porchfest Organizing Committee.
Porchfest will take place on Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. and covers a 3-mile radius across the Tower District neighborhoods from avenues such as Fruit to Blackstone and Belmont to Shields. The Tower website has a list of performances, locations and a map of the homes hosting live performances.

Residents of the neighborhood register their front porches to host local bands and are in charge of their own lineups through a published list of performers looking for porches to play at. The homeowners lend their porches free of charge.

Restaurants will be open in Tower and some porches will offer food items: Floradonut will have complimentary donuts and breakfast burritos, The REAL Phonies will have Hawaiian shaved ice, Recline on Pine will have summertime pies, Pineapalooza will offer Colorado Grill and The Artourage Porch will have Hugo’s Tacos Street Food and Joe Joe’s BBQ.

Performers at Porchfest include: Call Me James, The Smooth Professor, Brother Luke & The Comrades and Art Gonzales & The Majestics. There is a diverse lineup of music genres, including house, R&B, folk, rock, jazz, ska and Latin.

Relaxed parking will be available all day at Fresno City College. Walking and bikes are encouraged to keep the event as car-free as possible. The Hop trolley will also have alternate routes for the day to allow easy transportation around the different neighborhoods.

Porchfest is also looking for volunteers to work two-hour shifts during the event to distribute merchandise and answer questions.

Donations are accepted online to help keep Tower Porchest running.