For Rent Dr J Ad

Central High School wide receiver gets picked in Round 1 of the NFL Draft

Stacy Revere/Getty Images
Wide receiver Xavier Worthy of Texas participates in the 40-yard dash during the NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium on March 2, 2024, in Indianapolis.

Xavier Worthy, a Central Valley native wide receiver, got selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in Round 1 of the NFL draft as the 28th pick.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs)

Worthy is a Central High School alumni who graduated in 2021. He played three seasons as a Grizzly, totaling 1,281 yards. He was also selected to play in the 2021 All-American Bowl.

After, he played his collegiate career at the University of Texas. During his three seasons as a Longhorn, he totaled 2,755 yards.

At the NFL combine, he put up a new combine record in the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.21 seconds.

Worthy is the second player from Fresno County to be drafted in the first round of the NFL. The first was Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen from Firebaugh, California, who was drafted in 2018.

Worthy will now join quarterback Patrick Mahomes and the two-time reigning Super Bowl champion Chiefs.