Preview: Fresno Grizzlies are set to kick off the 2024 season

Wyatt Bible/The Collegian
The Fresno Grizzlies stand for the National Anthem at the beginning of the 2023 home opener.

The Grizzlies’ season is about to be in full swing, and fans are clamoring with excitement for opening night. 

The first pitch at the opening game will occur on Tuesday, April 9, at 6:50 p.m. at Chukchansi Park. The Grizzlies will be facing off against the Inland Empire 66ers. This matchup will serve as an exciting preview for their three-game series scheduled for later that weekend. 

The first 2,500 fans that show up will be gifted a magnet season calendar so that they won’t miss a game. 

In addition, all fans in attendance are encouraged to stay for the post-game fireworks show, which will provide a fun spectacle for people of all ages.

The Grizzlies finished with the best regular season record for their third year in a row last season, 78-54. They also put down a winning record against all seven teams in the league. However, they did not win either half of the season and thus did not qualify for the postseason. 

This season, the team will undoubtedly return with a vengeance while keeping their regular season momentum going. This first game will be the culmination of fans’ anticipation during the offseason. 

Tickets will range from $15 to $70, excluding processing fees. Regardless of where fans sit, they can expect a night of excitement, pride and love for the sport.

Those who can’t make it to opening night can read the game story recap on The Collegian website following the game.