New to Fresno? Fulton Street Party is the perfect introduction to Fresno’s finest culture

The+event+acts+as+both+a+music+festival+and+celebration+of+small+businesses.+
Sarah Delgado/The Collegian
The event acts as both a music festival and celebration of small businesses.

Fulton Street is about to get a lot more colorful this coming Saturday, Aug. 26, from 4-11 p.m. Located between Mono and Merced streets, the Fulton Street Party is one of the biggest hot spots for arts and entertainment in the Central Valley. No ticket purchase is necessary to attend.

With current efforts in place to revitalize Downtown Fresno, the area will be loaded with local talent, vendors and a car show, all while celebrating local businesses in the area. Bad Kids Club, Hella Fresno, The Alley in The Valley and The Brewery District have all co-coordinated the event.

Attendees can enjoy live music from local artists Fashawn, and The Morning Drive, who are headlining the Main Stage on Mariposa Plaza at 9 p.m. Near Avenue, a band composed of Fresno State students, will also be performing at Full Circle from 5-5:35 p.m. The full lineup and venues can be found on Downtown Fresno’s website.

In addition to live music, guests 21 and over can also partake in experiencing Fresno’s Brewery District, featuring Lune Wine Bar, Full Circle and Tioga Sequoia.

Not old enough or dislike alcohol? Fulton Street Party will offer over 60 vendors ranging from food to small retail businesses. There will also be a Kids Zone curated by Hella Fresno and Teocalli Academy available for children to partake in the festivities. 

On Fresno and Merced streets, over 20 classic and lowrider cars will be on display in a car show.

For baseball fans, the Fresno Grizzlies will be playing as The Lowriders De Fresno at Chukchansi Park at 6:50 p.m. against the Stockton Ports. At 7 p.m., Experiment Clothing will host Fall Ball inside the park with secondhand businesses, food and music by ATCG and Blue World. Tickets start at $25.

FTK Construction will be hosting Styled By Fulton, a fashion competition that challenges stylists to create two outfits head-to-toe with clothing from boutiques found on Fulton Street. It begins at 5 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m. in The Patterson Building located at 966 Fulton St.

A multitude of activities are available for the community to enjoy on Aug 26 at Fulton Street. (Courtesy of Downtown Fresno)

For more information, visit the Downtown Fresno website.