October’s Top Dog of the Month: Kaelyn Miller leads the ‘Dogs to finish the season

Photos+courtesy+of+Fresno+State+Athletics.+Graphic+by+Wyatt+Bible.+
Wyatt Bible/The Collegian
Photos courtesy of Fresno State Athletics. Graphic by Wyatt Bible.

October was filled with lots of treats and very few tricks for Fresno State athletics. The women’s soccer team had a turnaround season, earning them a spot at the Mountain West tournament. A player that played a pivotal role is October’s Top Dog of the Month, Kaelyn Miller. 

Miller had injured her lateral collateral ligament and was fighting through the injuries at the beginning of the season. Despite this, she scored all of her goals during the month of October. Miller’s first goal came in against the Wyoming win on Oct. 8. She then scored another against Boise State on Oct. 15. 

The Bulldogs won the next three games, with Miller having back-to-back-to-back 2-goal games. Those two games were deciding factors in the team qualifying for the Mountain West tournament. 

Miller also earned two-straight Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week recognitions during October. The first honor came in after defeating Colorado College 5-0, while the second was awarded after the win against San Jose State. Although the Bulldogs had a short trip in the Mountain West Tournament, Miller made huge contributions to get there and finished the season with a total of eight goals.