‘I Heart Fresno State Week’ stimulates school spirit on campus

Dutch+Bros+drink+during+I+Heart+Fresno+State+Week+in+2023.+The+week-long+celebration+encourages+school+spirit+with+events+and+giveaways.+
Jessica Cargin/The Collegian
Dutch Bros drink during “I Heart Fresno State Week” in 2023. The week-long celebration encourages school spirit with events and giveaways.

The time has come for Bulldogs to gather in appreciation for “I Heart Fresno State” week. Beginning today, March 18, students can look forward to a week-long assortment of events and activities, all aimed to celebrate the culture on campus.

Today students can expect the “Bulldogpalooza” event, which will be taking place from 6-9 p.m. at the south lawn of the Resnick Student Union (RSU). “Bulldogpalooza” will feature a triple DJ set, with performances by DJ Bluz Cluz, Princess Rose and Nate. Activities will include tie-dye shirt making, bracelet making and photo opportunities.

On Tuesday from 6-9 p.m., attendees will be able to compete for prizes at “Trivia Fest” in front of The Bucket. For those feeling lucky, there will also be giveaways to participate in.

“Doglands” is Wednesday’s event, taking place at the Memorial Gardens from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Students will have the opportunity to appreciate art made by their fellow Bulldogs, and participate in various activities and giveaways.

For those with a voice that must be heard, “Camp Karaoke” is slated for Thursday. Attendees will be able to serenade the audience at the Peters Event Plaza in the RSU from 7-10 p.m. Following suit with the other event days, there will be a variety of activities and giveaway opportunities.

“I Heart Fresno State Week” will come to a sweet conclusion on Friday, March 22 with “Barking Loud,” where students will be able to grab some free ice cream from G’s Creamery while supplies last.

Spotlight Events will be posting more information on the week’s festivities as each event grows nearer.