Students gather at Bulldog Bowl as part of the 2023 homecoming festivities

(The Collegian)
Rental bowling shoes at Bulldog Bowl on Oct. 25.

Fresno State students rolled their way to the lower level of the University Student Union on Wednesday, Oct. 25, for a night of bowling, billiards, root beer floats, board games and more.

The event was free for all Fresno State students and took place at Bulldog Bowl, and the Bulldog Zone as part of homecoming week festivities.

Melissa Harley and Emma Fimbres, two members of the Homecoming Committee, said they were delighted with the number of attending students and how polite they were while engaging with them.

“Everybody I spoke to was really sweet,” Fimbres told The Collegian. “I think they’re all looking forward to the rest of the festivities we’ll be having this week.”

While there were activities outside of Bulldog Bowl, like board games and the root beer float station, a majority of the action took place inside.

“We had a good turnout,” Harley said. “I feel like a lot of people utilized the bowling alley and billiards. It was overall a really good environment.”

Due to the large turnout, many students had to wait approximately 15 to 30 minutes before they got the opportunity to bowl.

The event was promoted on social media and around campus. Maddox Weng, a sophomore business major, heard about the event through his friends.

“One of my friends who I had a class with last semester, told me about the event and one of my friends on the bowling team also told me,” Weng said.

Weng said he would love to have more events like game night on campus throughout the year.

“I would for sure go to more events like this, especially if they’re free,” Weng said.

Homecoming festivities lasted until Oct. 28 and concluded with the Fresno State football game against UNLV.

Information for all homecoming events can be found on the Fresno State website.