Photo essay: Fashion Inc. returns with Gothic-themed fashion show after 4 years

Josephine Alekson (left) and Bastian Morris (right) are a bride and groom for the show. The two walked the runway as a couple. (Jacqueline Carrillo/The Collegian)

Before this event, I had only ever seen a fashion show online and never in person, so I had no idea what to expect. I do not have a fashion sense whatsoever and hoped this fashion show would spark some sort of creativity in me.

On Oct. 20, Fashion Inc., a club on campus, hosted the Gothic Beauty Fashion Show at the Satellite Student Union. The fashion show showcased collections from student and community designers.

Once the clock hit 5 p.m., I was welcomed in and greeted with a large runway lined with colorful spotlights. The Gothic theme added mystery to the show. Models practiced their catwalks before the show commenced.

I had a seat in the middle of the runway and was given the opportunity to go backstage to take photos.

At 6 p.m. the show began to a packed house. People filled the seats and stood in back trying to get a glimpse.

The show included elements of dark colors with a Halloween vibe. It was bold and empowering to watch, seeing the confidence of every individual was inspiring. The models gave character to the outfits and they were in the zone when walking the runway. They were fierce, captivating and their presence was loud. The models were able to play a character and the crowd would cheer, yell and support each one who walked the runway.

The models, lighting and audience were all amazing to watch, but the music is what really pulled me in. Each set had its own design ranging from vintage wear to wedding.

Hair and makeup were provided by the Paul Mitchell School of Fresno. The makeup aspect of the fashion show was the icing on the cake. It made you go “WOW” as it was truly an experience and beautiful thing to see in person.