Preview: Tee Off golf set to come to Valley Children’s Stadium

Valley+Childrens+Stadium+on+Sept.+23%2C+2023+vs+Kent+State.+
Jacqueline Carrillo/The Collegian
Valley Children’s Stadium on Sept. 23, 2023 vs Kent State.

Bulldog Bread Collective and Stadium Links are partnering up to bring Tee Off to the Valley. It is an event that will turn Valley Children’s Stadium into a unique golfing experience, allowing participants to tee off from the upper deck of the stadium to targets hundreds of feet below.

Tee Off will take place from May 3-5, time slots can be picked when purchasing either standard or VIP tickets for 2 or 4 players. Players are provided with 18 complimentary golf balls and complimentary parking in Lot A.

When you register for booking, you will get to tee off at 9 tee boxes constructed with diverse distances, angles and heights at your designated tee time.

Participants are asked to arrive 30-45 minutes before their tee time for ample time to get checked in and escorted to the first hole. VIP ticket holders will get time to warm up in one of the practice bays.

Standard size right handed clubs are provided in each box, but participants are welcome to bring their own clubs.

The course has red flags and green targets at each of the 9 holes, scores are determined by how closely the golf balls land to the hole.

Along with standard tee offs at the holes, there are also two challenges that participants can purchase admission tickets for.

The Chipping Challenge and The Putting Challenge test participants’ pitching and chipping skills. With each round purchased, golfers get 10 chipping shots or 5 putts, at a custom target to accumulate as many points as possible. Different sized holes have a different number of points. There is also a money ball, worth three times the points. Prices vary for each event but winners will get gifts to commemorate their winning score.

Tickets to participate can be purchased online by joining the waitlist, or spectator tickets can be purchased at the box office before the event starts.