Fresno State football adds a former five-star recruit from a Power Five school

Gary Coronado/Los Angeles Times/TNS
USC defensive lineman Korey Foreman (0) runs drills during spring football practice at Howard Jones/Brian Kennedy Fields on campus on March 28, 2023, in Los Angeles.

Over the winter break, it was announced that the previous University of Southern California (USC) edge rusher Korey Foreman is transferring to Fresno State. 

On Jan. 11, Foreman announced via his Instagram that he had committed to Fresno State.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by k4 (@korey4man)

Foreman was the No. 3 overall prospect in the nation for the 2021 recruiting class, according to 247sports and the number one prospect in California. 

In 23 games for USC, Foreman recorded 23 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks and an interception. 

The highlight of Foreman’s USC career was having a game-clinching interception against their rival school, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), in 2022 to help the Trojans take home the Victory Bell Trophy. 

Foreman redshirted and only appeared in three games during the 2023 season. He was mainly used as a rotation player for the Trojans throughout the past three seasons. 

The Corona, Calif., native joins Fresno State with two years of eligibility remaining when the season starts.