For Rent Dr J Ad

The Resnick Student Union Food Court is now open

Wyatt Bible/The Collegian
People stand in line for food at Taco Bell and The Habit Burger Grill at the Resnick Student Union.

After over a year’s worth of delays, the Taco Bell, Toss-N-Chop and Habit Burger Grill are officially open in the Resnick Student Union.

The new food options were unveiled to the public at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13.

With the anticipation of the opening, students flooded the RSU right as the doors opened.

The Habit is currently the most popular with the line circling through the seating areas. The soup and salad bar and Taco Bell are not as popular, however.

The southwest entrance of the RSU permits direct access to the new food court, and any other entrance is also accessible to the restaurants.

The spaces provide a broader food selection for the campus, and also supply additional student employment options.

Each restaurant accepts a variety of different payment options: cash, credit/debit card, Bulldog Card and Apple Pay.

Additionally, each food place is accepting mobile orders through the Fetch app. The food court style set-up also allows many seating options for eating or studying.

The retail dining concepts’ made their debut on Nov. 8-9 during an invitation-only soft opening.

“The invite needed to be limited to our Association Board, Student Unions Board, and a few others as a way to help train our new staff and fine tune our operations and menu offerings before the official grand opening,” said Debbie Adishian-Astone, vice president for administration and chief financial officer.

The Resnick Student Union Food Court is open Monday through Friday with varying hours.

The Habit Burger Grill and Toss-N-Chop are open from 10:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Taco Bell is open from 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Taco Bell also offers a breakfast menu from 7:30 – 11 a.m.

Saturday and Sunday hours for all three restaurants are to be determined.

“The space turned out great and the new concepts will be a great addition to our dining portofolio and as we will be able to offer more diverse dining options for our students and campus community,” Adishian-Astone said.