Fresno State quarterback Logan Fife announces intention to enter NCAA transfer portal

Logan+Fife+looks+for+a+pass+against+San+Jose+State+at+the+CEFCU+Stadium+on+Nov.+12.+
Carlos Rene Castro/The Collegian
Logan Fife looks for a pass against San Jose State at the CEFCU Stadium on Nov. 12.

Fresno State quarterback Logan Fife will be entering the NCAA transfer portal when it officially opens on Dec. 4 with two years of eligibility remaining , he announced yesterday in a statement on X (formerly Twitter).

Fife’s statement read:

“First off I would like to thank God for blessing me with the gifts and abilities to play the game of football. Next, I would like to thank coach Tedford for offering me the opportunity to live out my childhood dreams of playing Division l football out of high school.  I have had the best four years of my life at Fresno State and have learned and grown more than I ever imagined.  I want to thank all of my teammates, coaches, trainers and friends for helping me become the player I am today. Last but not least I would like to thank my family for being by my side through anything and everything since day 1.  With that being said, I will be entering my name into the NCAA transfer portal with 2 years of eligibility remaining! I will forever be bulldog born, bulldog bread!” 

Fife, a junior, accumulated 642 passing yards with three passing touchdowns and two passing interceptions. He also recorded 40 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown on 28 rushing attempts, appearing in 12 games for the Bulldogs this season.

For his entire Bulldog career (2021-2023) Fife accumulated 1,585 passing yards, six passing touchdowns and nine passing interceptions. He also recorded 88 rushing yards and four rushing touchdowns on 64 rushing attempts. Fife appeared in a total of 21 games while at Fresno State.

Some of Fife’s current and former teammates commented on his statement, expressing their support.

“Go be great brother. I appreciate your friendship,” wrote QB Mikey Keene under Fife’s post on Instagram.

“You know what needs to be done,” wrote Jake Haener, former QB for Fresno State who currently plays for the New Orleans Saints.