Food trucks to be on campus for the month of October

Jacqueline Carrillo/The Collegian
A long line for “Fury Hot Chicken” at Fresno State. “Fury Hot Chicken” will be at the quad every Wednesday for the month of October.

University Dining Services announced Oct. 2 that various food trucks would be on campus for the month of October to expand food options for the campus community temporarily.

The food trucks accept cash and credit or debit cards as forms of payment. Bulldog Cards are not accepted.

“These alternative dining options will hopefully help to provide additional dining options and mitigate some of the longer wait times until the RSU retail dining concepts are open,” University Dining Services said in a press release.

Five food trucks are available in the quad, located just in front of the McKee Fisk and the Food and Family Science buildings, Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.

The five trucks are:
Spicy Birds: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Cafe Havana: Tuesdays
Tacos Jacinto: Monday and Wednesday
Tacos El Mandilon: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Fury Hot Chicken: Wednesdays

Students were excited to see the additional food options available.

Simon Romero, a senior computer science major, expressed gratitude for the additional dining options.

“There’s more options on campus now instead of, you know, Panda [Express] and Subway, and you don’t have to leave campus to get food and lose your parking spot on campus,” Romero said.

Romero, however, said he would like to see more options available in the future, preferably Asian food trucks such as Japanese or Vietnamese food.

Perla Pineda, a third year criminology student, expressed concern about how the food trucks leaving at 2 p.m. can affect students on campus for night classes.

“It would be better if they expanded their time because I’m here ‘til 9 p.m. some days,” Perla Pineda said.

Perla Pineda also gave a food review of Tacos El Mandilon.

“I like the El Mandilon. The tacos are really good for their price. I didn’t feel like the quesabirria tacos were as good as the pastor tacos. Nine out of 10 for sure,“ she said.

Esmeralda Pineda, a third year kinesiology major, primarily ate at The Bucket before the food trucks came to campus.
“I really like it. Before I would just eat at The Bucket and I wouldn’t really eat at the other places. Now that they have more options, I started coming here,” she said.

According to University Dining Services, the food trucks will only be available in October since the RSU dining options are scheduled to open in early November.