Fresno State Football kicks off final week of fall camp with Fan Appreciation Day

Wide+receivers+Jalen+Moss+and+Nathan+Acevedo+sign+a+Fresno+State+football+for+a+young+fan+at+the+Fan+Appreciation+Day+event+on+Aug.+20.+
Valentina Saldaña/The Collegian
Wide receivers Jalen Moss and Nathan Acevedo sign a Fresno State football for a young fan at the Fan Appreciation Day event on Aug. 20.

A sea of Red Wave fans filled the Valley Children’s Stadium field for Fresno State Football’s Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, Aug. 20. 

Players and Head Coach Jeff Tedford posed for photos with fans and signed Fresno State merchandise like football helmets, clothes, and schedules. 

Head Coach Jeff Tedford at his tent during the Fan Appreciation Day. (Valentina Saldaña/The Collegian)

The players along with Tedford signed football helmets, clothes, schedules and took pictures.  

Ashley Sunamoto and her family are season ticket holders. She was attending the event with her two kids. 

She told The Collegian what Fan Appreciation Day means for Fresno State Football. 

“It brings the connection. So when people are connected with the athletes, they feel compelled to be here and fill up the stadium. It’s an awesome experience,” Sunamoto said. 

Tons of kids lined up to meet the players, including Kade Jones. He said he spoke with and got his jersey and schedule signed by the defensive linemen, offensive linemen and cornerbacks. 

Kids at the event pose for a picture on the field of Valley Children’s Stadium. (Valentina Saldaña/The Collegian)

Jones said he and his younger brother got an early start at the event prior to the 10:30 a.m. start. 

“We got here early so we could play some catch and ever since then it’s just been really good,” Jones said. 

The event kicked off the final week of fall camp before the beginning of the 2023 season. 

The season is scheduled to start on Sept. 2 at Purdue with the first home game on Sept. 9 against Eastern Washington. 

You can view the full schedule here

Linebacker Tanner Blout signs merchandise at the signing tables. (Valentina Saldaña/The Collegian)