The Seeds will perform at Tower Theatre on Sept. 16, 2017. (Photo via www.theseedsband.com)

‘60s rock ‘n’ roll band, The Seeds, plant themselves in Fresno’s music history

“We heard good things about Fresno,” said Daryl Hooper, founding member and keyboardist for The Seeds.

The Seeds, who are said to have influenced Iggy Pop and the Beach Boys, are making a stop at the Tower Theatre for a “special show” on Sept. 16.

When asked why the band wanted to make a stop in Fresno, Hooper said he had heard about the Tower Theatre being a nice place to play and wanted to “hit the Central Valley” while heading south through California.

Not only was the band influential throughout the last half of the 20th century, but its song “Can’t Seem to Make You Mine” was featured on the 2016 Netflix series “Stranger Things.”

Hooper said not only was their song featured in the series, but they have been featured in so many television shows and movies that it is hard to keep track.

The newly reformed and self-proclaimed garage-rock and proto-punk band includes Hooper, drummer Don Boomer, bassist Alec Palao, guitarist Jeff Prentice and vocalist Paul Kopf.

Hooper said you can expect to see an exciting rock ‘n’ roll show that “depicts our original music.”

The founding member encourages those who have any interest in the music of the ‘60s to make their way to the Tower Theatre.

“You gotta come out and see it [the show],” Hooper said. “The Seeds are it.”

The opening act, the Marshall Kipp Band will be opening the show at 7:15 p.m., and The Seeds plan to take the stage at 9:25 p.m.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets start at $29.