Blake Wolf of The Collegian won a fifth-place photography award at the Associated Collegiate Press conference.

The Collegian wins honors for general excellence and more at national media conference

LA JOLLA — Collegian staff members brought home six awards from the Associated Collegiate Press national media conference, including prestigious fourth-place Best of Show honors for general excellence for newspapers.

The annual convention draws student media from across the nation, particularly from the West Coast.

Fresno State competed in the large-university category against institutions with 15,000 students or more. The Daily Bruin, the student newspaper of the University of California, Los Angeles, took first place.

The Collegian’s Wyatt Bible was one of 10 graphic designers chosen to participate in The Design Museum, a multi-day workshop. The February edition of The Paw Print, the newspaper’s print publication, was displayed over two days for all conference attendees to peruse and critique. Bible went on to win a fifth place award for design for a newspaper/magazine, finishing behind the University of Texas at Arlington, Elon University of North Carolina, Southwestern College, and the University of Miami.

Other awards for The Collegian: