How incoming students can prepare for student orientation

The+2023+Fresno+State+Dog+Days+orientation++will+be+held+during+June+and+July.+

Vendila Yang/The Collegian

The 2023 Fresno State Dog Days orientation will be held during June and July.

By Jazmin Alvarado, Reporter

Dog Days at Fresno State is the student orientation process designed for all incoming undergraduates to transition into campus, whether that be transfer students or first-time freshmen.

For Fall 2023, Dog Days will be held in person during June and July with a registration fee of $70. The deadline for registration was May 1 for incoming freshmen and June 1 for transfer students.

During orientation, students will meet with an academic counselor, a major adviser and receive help for class registration. Students will learn about academic requirements and experience a resource fair with resources the campus has to offer.

Caroline Alvarez, the current Associated Students Inc. president, said Dog Days is a way to look into everything Fresno State has to offer. She said it’s the perfect time to figure out how to get involved on campus.

ASI is Fresno State’s student body government composed of eight college senators and four executive officers.

“Really look through all the resources and organizations that will be at Dog Days. They will give you an insight as to what you’d like to be involved in and what offices will help you during your higher education experience,” Alvarez said.

Students will also receive a tour of the campus and be provided with an academic roadmap.

Along with academic guidance and support, attendees will also have the opportunity to meet people and make friends with other students in their respective majors.

According to the Student Affairs and Enrollment Management website, Dog Days is mandatory for all new students.

Each Dog Days session will start at 8 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m., and check-in will take place at the Resnick Student Union.

Students will be emailed a parking code which can be used at any of the parking permit machines.

Throughout Dog Days, students should expect lots of walking, meeting new people and getting out of their comfort zone to try new things.

Some things students should bring are water, snacks, something to write with and comfortable clothing.

For any questions, students should email or call the Dog Days office at 559-278-4885 or [email protected]