Fresno State 2023 ceremonies: What to know about graduation

Graduates+of+the+Kremen+School+of+Education+and+Human+Development+walk+into+Bulldog+Stadium+for+their+commencement+ceremony+on+Friday%2C+May+14%2C+2021.+

Jesùs Cano/The Collegian

Graduates of the Kremen School of Education and Human Development walk into Bulldog Stadium for their commencement ceremony on Friday, May 14, 2021.

By Jazmin Alvarado, Reporter

Graduation ceremonies will take place from May 19-20 for students who completed a degree between summer 2022 and spring 2023.

Fresno State’s eight colleges, along with numerous affinity groups, will have ceremonies at the Save Mart Center and another location on campus.

All of the commencement and graduation ceremonies will be livestreamed on the Fresno State commencement website for anyone who is unable to attend in person.

There is no limit to the number of guests each graduate may invite.

Here is a link to buy stoles. Students can also purchase caps and gowns at the Kennel Bookstore.

May 19 ceremonies schedule

The Craig School of Business commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 8-9:30 a.m.

The College of Social Sciences commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 10:15-11:45 a.m.

The College of Arts and Humanities commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 12:30-2 p.m.

The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 2:45-4:15 p.m.

The College of Science and Mathematics commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 5-6:30 p.m.

The Kremen School of Education and Human Development will be held at the Save Mart Center from 7:15:-8:45 pm.

The Department of Physical Therapy ceremony will be held at the Satellite Student Union from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

The Nursing Pinning ceremony will be held at the Satellite Student Union from 4:30-7 p.m.

May 20 ceremonies schedule

The Lyles College of Engineering commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 8- 9:30 a.m.

The College of Health and Human Services commencement will be held at the Save Mart Center from 10:15-11:45 a.m.

The American Indian Graduation Honoring and Celebration will be held at the Resnick Student Union from 12:30-4 p.m.

The Asian American Pacific Islander graduation celebration will be held at the Save Mart Center from 12:30-2 p.m.

The International Convocation will be held at the Satellite Student Union from 12:30-2 p.m.

The African American Student recognition ceremony will be held at the Save Mart Center from 3-4:30 p.m.

The Rainbow Graduation Celebration will be held at the Peters Education Center from 5-6 p.m.

The Chicano/Latino Commencement Celebration will be held at the Save Mart Center from 7-9:30 p.m.

Craig School of Business

For Craig School of Business graduates, they should arrive no later than 7 a.m. on the day of commencement. The deadline to register for a spot is on May 10.

The ceremony will begin at 7:45 a.m.

College of Social Science

College of Social Science graduates must register by April 21. Stoles for the department will be sold until May 5.

If students are eligible for honor cords, they will be emailed with a date and time to pick them up at the Smittcamp Alumni House.

College of Arts and Humanities

For College of Art and Humanities students, they should arrive by 11:45 a.m. and meet at the bottom ramp of the Save Mart Center.

Stoles for arts and humanities are being sold until May 17, costing $35. Stoles purchased before April 30 will be mailed directly to the address on file. Stoles purchased during May 1-17 will need to be picked up from the Dean’s Office anytime between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday, according to the College of Arts and Humanities website.

If a student earned honors cords, they will be emailed with instructions on when and where to pick them up.

“The College of Arts and Humanities is excited to celebrate over 600 graduates at Commencement on Friday, May 19th. Among these graduates are the two Dean’s Medalists: Mialise Carney, (MFA in Creative Writing) and Lucca Lorenzi (undergrad in MCJ),” said Honora Chapman, the dean of the College of Arts and Humanities.

College of Science and Mathematics

College of Science and Mathematics students should check in between 3:45-4:20 p.m. on commencement day. Graduates must wear the approved academic regalia that is sold at the Kennel Bookstore.

Graduates may sit with their friends as long as they have the same major.

Kremen School of Education and Human Development

Kremen School of Education and Human Development graduates should arrive 45-60 minutes before their ceremony.

Stoles are available for purchase in the Kennel Bookstore for $35.

Lyles College of Engineering

The Lyles College of Engineering ceremony will begin at 8 a.m. The last day to register is April 30.

Students must wear a cap and gown which are available for purchase in the Kennel Bookstore.

The bachelor’s package is $40 plus tax and includes a cap, gown and tassel. The master’s package is $76 plus tax and includes a cap, gown, tassel and hood.

Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology

The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology graduates should arrive by 2 p.m., and the doors for guests will open at 2:15 p.m. The ceremony will take place 3-4:15 p.m.

Students should be regularly checking their emails because it is the primary way graduation updates will be sent.

The Ag One Foundation will be hosting a free reception for graduates and their family members before the ceremony. It will last from 1-1:45 p.m.

“Jordan College graduates have had remarkable achievements, and we are excited to honor our students. We are grateful for the efforts of our faculty and staff who have been entrusted with educating our students and ensuring that they cross the finish line,” said Rolston St. Hilaire, the dean of the Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology.