Pups N Buns featured therapy dogs and bubbles for students to interact with. (Manuel Hernandez/The Collegian)

Spotlight Events presents ‘Stress Free Week,’ starting with therapy dogs

As students prepare for finals, Spotlight Events is helping them de-stress with a week full of relaxing events for “Stress Free Week.”

The series of events began on Monday with “Pups & Bubs,” which provided free coffee, time with bubbles and the opportunity to pet therapy dogs.

“[The] therapy dogs are from a program called Alliance of Therapy Dogs, which is a voluntary group whose objective is to form a network of caring individuals. Their special dogs are willing to share smiles and joy with people, young and old alike,” said Anyssa Garza, event coordinator for Spotlight Events.

The de-stressing will continue on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. in the Resnick Student Union (RSU), Room 216, with “Sip & Paint Night.” Registration for the event is required at bit.ly/SipandPaintNight

Wednesday’s event will invite students to the “Zen Zone” for a “Yoga & Sound Bath Experience from 6-8 p.m. in the RSU in the Ruiz Ballroom. Registration is also required for this event, at bit.ly/ZenZoneYoga.

Thursday’s “DIY Day” event will invite students to the Memorial Gardens in front of the Kennel Bookstore from 3-5 p.m. to make their own self-care items that include a tea bag, bath salts, a sugar scrub or a succulent pot. 

“Stress Free Week” will wrap up on Friday with the “Relaxation Rejuvenation” in collaboration with Associated Students Inc. (ASI). The event, located in the RSU, Room 207, will be available on a first come, first served basis from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. 

“We worked hard on planning these and we are excited for students to participate in them,”  Garza said. “By putting on events that promote relaxation, de-stressing, creativity and [an] opportunity to let your mind wander and be free is how we help students get involved and feel less stress.”

More information about these events and future events can be found on the Spotlight Events’ Instagram page, @fs_spotlightevents.