Fresno State men’s basketball players sign posters. (Alexis Castellanos/ The Collegian)

‘Dunks and Donuts’ with men’s basketball

Bulldog fans lined up outside the Save Mart Center to join the Fresno State men’s basketball team for an open practice on Oct. 29.

The ‘Dogs hosted the “Dunks and Donuts” event to provide donuts and coffee to fans who got their first look at the team prior to the start of the season. 

Fans saw the players in action as the team ran through a few drills, games and a scrimmage. Those in attendance could also hear head coach Justin Hutson, who was mic’d up through a majority of the practice.

“It really is exciting to be out,” Huston said about being back in front of the fans again. “We had a nice tip off dinner last week and now we’re out in front of the fans. This is awesome.”

In between drills while the players took breaks, the fans were treated to giveaways, including a jersey signed by former Bulldog Paul George.

To end the practice, Hutson and his players introduced themselves personally to the crowd.

After the event fans were given the opportunity to grab a poster and have it signed by each of the players on the Bulldog roster.

Fresno State will play in an exhibition match against Stanislaus State on Nov. 2 prior to tipping off its season on Nov 7. at the Save Mart Center against Fresno Pacific.