Raymond Pauwels Jr. proposed to Lexi Ledesma after the game on Friday night. (Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics)

Bulldog born, Bulldog wed

On Friday night the Fresno State football team celebrated its seniors in the last home game of the season. Family and friends were present for the ceremony and to honor the Bulldog seniors.

After Fresno State’s 30-0 shutout against Wyoming, the seniors were able to leave their mark on Jim Sweeney Field, Valley Children’s Stadium for one last time. 

But one senior returned to the field after their locker room celebration for one last special moment. 

Senior Raymond Pauwels Jr. celebrated more than just his senior night on Friday. When Pauwels Jr. returned to the field after the game, he proposed to his now fiance Lexi Ledesma. 

The Fresno State Athletics media and marketing team helped Pauwels Jr. make this night special for himself and his family. 

“Couldn’t think of a better way to close out my time in Valley Children’s Stadium! Huge shoutout to Savannah and the whole media/marketing team for helping me plan this and making sure it was perfect,” Pauwels said on Twitter. 

The media team was aware of the planned event throughout the game and were prepared to capture the special moment for the couple.­