Students in Fresno County can submit their ballots in the drop-off location at Campus Pointe. (Wyatt Bible/The Collegian)

It’s almost Election Day. Here are the steps on how to register to vote.

Election Day is less than a month away, on Nov. 8, and many registered voters in California have already received their mail-in ballots. The deadline to register is Oct. 24. Here are four steps to register:

1. California residents can go to the Secretary of State’s, Shirley N. Weber, official website to register. The link is also provided in students’ MyFresnoState account in the online Student Center, under “informational links.”
  2. To qualify, students must be a United States citizen, a resident of California and 18 years or older on Election Day. 
  3. Potential voters will need their California driver’s license or California ID number, the last four digits of their social security number and their date of birth. Additional steps will be required if one doesn’t have a license or ID to register.
  4. The website will then give a five-step registration process. Voters will need to fill out personal information, home and mailing addresses, political party preference and offer other election materials.

After they register, students can also check their voter status on the California Secretary of State’s website. To check for mail-in ballot status, Where’sMyBallot offers voters the ability to track their voting ballots. 

For those who are unable to meet the deadline, same-day voter registration is available at the nearest county polling location. Voters can look up their polling locations within their own counties at https://caearlyvoting.sos.ca.gov/

Fresno State will offer same-day voter registration, starting Nov. 5, for Fresno County voters. 
For more information, students can vote in their county election, also located in the secretary website.