Photo of the Fresno State Library on Sep. 1. The first phase of the Central Utility Plant Replacement (CUPR) Project began in May, installing safety fencing in two large areas of campus. (Eric Martinez/The Collegian)

Heating delayed on Fresno State campus due to CUPR Project

Fresno State’s boilers, which are responsible for providing heat and water for the campus buildings, will not be turned on until Nov. 7, 2022, according to Tinnah Medina, associate vice president for Facilities Management.

To support the construction of the Central Utility Plant Replacement (CUPR) Project, turning off the boilers will allow more time for contractors to finish one phase of the project. 

As the winter season looms in the Valley, students and faculty members are encouraged to prepare for cooler temperatures in campus buildings until the boilers are back up and running.

“It would be best to prepare to bring a sweater appropriate to the changing weather and temperatures,” Medina said. 

In partnership with Fresno State and the Bulldog Infrastructure Group (BIG), CUPR Project will update and support the campus central utility infrastructure system to improve energy efficiency on campus. 

Students, staff and faculty can contact Facilities Management at (559) 278-2373 with more questions or concerns.