Fresno State official and city representative pose for a picture during the grand opening of 3105 Studio Apartment. (Marcos Acosta/The Collegian)

Fresno State opens 3150 Studio Apartments at Campus Pointe

Fresno State officials and city representatives celebrated the groundbreaking ceremony for a new apartment complex at Campus Pointe on Sept. 21.

The complex, 3150 Studio Apartments, was put together in a joint effort to give students another option in apartment housing by Fresno State, the city of Fresno and Kashian Enterprises.

The building will be three stories tall with a total of 57 rooms. It will be the fourth housing complex at Campus Pointe, the most recent being the Maravillosa, which opened in December 2021.

The relationship between all parties involved will continue to provide additional financial benefits to the university through Campus Pointe with the addition of the new complex, according to Fresno State Chief Financial Officer Debbie Adishian-Astone.

”There’s ground rent revenue that comes back to the auxiliary to support other programs and initiatives, and this Campus Pointe project was always envisioned to help support the debt on the Save Mart Center and also support our university farm laboratory,” Adishian-Astone said.

The complex is also key in addressing the need for additional housing near the school campus, according to her. 

“As we all know we are full in Fresno State housing. The projects here, like Palmilla and Palazzo, have always been at least probably over 90% occupancy,” she said.

With current available housing at capacity, along with an ever-changing housing climate, the need for new student housing such as 3150 Studio Apartments is particularly important. 

Fresno city council member Tyler Maxwell spoke at the ceremony and used his time to emphasize this point.

“One of the populations that experiences housing insecurity more than others is young students. We know a lot of folks have to travel very far to get to campus or they have very limited options. There’s just simply not enough housing to accommodate our Fresno State students,” he said.

Maxwell said that projects such as this are what Fresno really needs. 

3150 Apartment Complex is expected to take 15 months to complete, pushing it to a likely 2024 opening.

Fresno State and Kashian Enterprise plans to open the 3150 Studio Apartments at Campus Pointe in 2024. (Marcos Acosta/The Collegian)
Fresno city council member Tyler Maxwell attended the groundbreaking ceremony. (Marcos Acosta/The Collegian)