Students deliberate together during the “Hollywood Murder Mystery” event hosted by USU Productions in Oct. 2021. (Adam Ricardo Solis/The Collegian)

USU Productions rebrands after 30 years, to be called Spotlight Events

USU Productions, which has served Fresno State students for over 30 years, is changing its name to Spotlight Events.

”‹”‹Fresno State Campus News announced the name change on Aug. 1, with a statement from Anyssa Garza from Student Involvement that said the transition was being made “to better align with the uniqueness of programs and events it offers students.”

The name change also comes before the opening of the Resnick Student Union (RSU), to which multiple University Student Union (USU) offices are transitioning.

The new name debuted for students on Aug. 8 through a video posted on social media that describes the organization as “a student-led program that prides itself in hosting versatile, quality events with the aim of creating a welcoming experience for all students.”

In the past USU Productions organized and hosted events such as “Speed Friending,” a “Halloween Spooktacular,” and a “Hollywood Murder Mystery.”

Students line up to enter the “Halloween Spooktacular” event in Oct. 2021. (Adam Ricardo Solis/The Collegian)

“I hope that students are able to recognize USU Productions as really fun, and [see] that we want to offer everything that our students want,” Bianca Palma, a third year communications major and student event coordinator for Spotlight Events, told The Collegian during Spotlight Events’ 2021 “Hollywood Murder Mystery” event.

Further Spotlight Events announcements will be made on their social media pages on Instagram and Facebook throughout the semester. In the meantime, the organization promises to continue to strive “to entertain, engage and enhance the student experience.”

“Spotlight Events prides itself in hosting versatile, quality events with the aim of creating a welcoming experience for all students… Our team strives to create a sense of belonging and community for our students by providing inclusive, diverse and fun events,” Garza said in the news release.