Digital Seat QR Codes have been installed in Valley Children’s Stadium to allow the Red Wave to purchase goods from their seats. (Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics)

Fresno State games to soon feature interactive ‘digital experience’

Fresno State Athletics and Digital Seat Media are teaming up to make it easier for the Red Wave to skip lines and stay in their seats at football, women’s soccer, baseball and softball games.

Director of Strategic Communications Stephen Trembley confirmed in an Aug. 2 news release that Digital Seat Media, a real-time fan engagement technology program, will implement Digital Seat QR Codes in Fresno State Athletics’ venues to offer easy access to food, merchandise and live team updates.

Over 49,146 metal tags will be installed in Valley Children’s Stadium, Margie Wright Diamond, Pete Beiden Field at Bob Bennett Stadium and Fresno State Soccer Stadium, each with a unique QR code that will allow the Red Wave to purchase goods from their seats and access  team rosters, live scores and stats, gameday programs, fan polling, augmented reality (AR) filters, mobile games, sponsor offers and more.

Attendees will be able to access the software regardless of their mobile phone brand and without needing to download an app, according to the news release.

Digital Seat QR Codes being installed on the seats at Valley Children’s Stadium to enhance the experience for Fresno State fans at upcoming football games. (Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics)

Zachary Fraser, general manager of Bulldog Sports Properties, the official multimedia rights holder of Fresno State Athletics, said that the QR codes will “revolutionize” how Fresno State venues host fans, allowing them to “engage with our teams more than ever.”

In an interview with Fort Worth Magazine, Digital Seat Media CEO Cameron Fowler emphasized the platform’s focus on convenience, comparing it to Amazon’s.

“We say that we exist for the same reason Amazon exists… Because we capitalize on the fact that humans are lazy. We want instant gratification. Amazon is so big because they were the first company to have instant gratification, pressing a button and having it the next day. That’s why Digital Seat exists,” Fowler said.

Digital Seat Media has already installed similar digital seat tags in over 40 venues, including Baylor University, University of Washington and Virginia Tech.

One of the Digital Seat QR Codes that will enable fans to purchase goods from their seats, as well as view scores, rosters and more. (Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics)

A Digital Seat Experience will be ready for the upcoming home openers, when the women’s soccer team hosts Oregon State on Aug. 25 and the football team hosts Cal Poly on Sept. 1.

Many features will be available at the initial launch, while others could be added at a later time, according to Trembley.