The Kennel Marketplace is located at The Square at Campus Pointe.(Sydney Morgan/The Collegian)

Campus Pointe expands with new Kennel Marketplace

The Square at Campus Pointe had a new grand opening for one of its stores Friday.

The Kennel Marketplace, which is selling university-themed apparel and gifts, held its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. 

The marketplace, besides selling apparel and gifts, also sells Apple products such as Airpods, MacBooks, and iPads. They are currently setting up a T-shirt bar where customers can choose patches to put onto their desired articles of clothing.  

Many students, families and special guests attended the opening to support the university.

The store also held an event on Saturday, Sept. 11, to honor first responders as part of its grand-opening weekend. 

“There were lines going out the door, and we made over $35,000 just from [Saturday],” said Alyssa Alafa, a Fresno State senior and team lead for the store.  

The event had free goods such as donuts, balloon animals, and limited time color-changing Fresno State cups. 

“We had games like cornhole and jenga, and we had food yesterday,” said Michaela Grey, a Fresno State alumna and team lead for the store.

Campus Pointe is located east of the Save Mart Center and is home to multiple other student living centers, restaurants and attractions. According to Fresno State News, the area was set up as a 45-acre mixed use development project, and Kashian Enterprises is the master developer of the project. 

The area has been developed to provide a college-town experience with residential, retail and commercial uses. The development plan includes 180,000 square feet of retail and office space, a full-service business hotel, a 14-screen megaplex theater and 1,000 units of multi-family retail and senior housing, according to the university.

There is also a Starbucks bar in the corner of the marketplace and a few tables scattered around it for students to work on homework, projects or just hang out to get out of the summer heat. 

The Starbucks location inside is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

“There was a lot of foot traffic this weekend, it was really good for our business,” said Hunter Wooldridge, supervisor and shift lead for Starbucks. 

During the grand opening, this Starbucks location released a specialty drink to commemorate Fresno State students, athletes and faculty. 

The drink is called the “Victor E. Bulldog Frappuccino,” which is a cream-based frappuccino that includes strawberry inclusion and puree, whipped cream, white chocolate and a cookie-crumble topping.

The new Kennel Marketplace is open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday to Sunday and is the first store on the left as you enter Campus Pointe.

If you are looking for restaurants for lunch or dinner at Campus Pointe, you can choose from a variety of choices: Pieology, Hino Oishi (sushi and teppanyaki), Mad Duck Craft Brewing, Què Pasa Mexican Cafe, Bulldoc Korean Fusion, Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, Ike’s Love and Sandwiches and Farm Fresh Bowls. 

There are also places you could go to fulfill those ‘treat yo’ self’ moments, such as Sweet Lyfe Boba Bar, Coldstone Creamery, Collect Coffee Bar and now the crowd favorite located inside the new Kennel Marketplace, Starbucks.

A Maya Cinemas movie theatre lies within the center of the square along with an outdoor sitting area.

The area also has several seasonal events including “Rock the Mall” outdoor concerts hosted by The Fox 95.7 station, cornhole competitions put on by Dawg Pound Cornhole League and Cars at the Pointe, among others.