Fresno State fans return to Margie Wright Diamond on Saturday, April 17, 2021. (Halle Sembritzki/The Collegian)

Fresno State Athletics increases attendance capacity to 33%

Starting April 30, Fresno State Athletics will be open to the full 33% capacity level at sporting games as allowed by California. 

After a month of hosting events with fans, this increase in capacity allows spring sports such as softball, baseball, lacrosse and track and field the opportunity to invite more fans to their home game, according to a news release. 

This capacity update has made additional tickets available for softball’s final home series against Boise State which is scheduled to take place on May 8-9 at the Margie Wright Diamond. 

As for baseball, single-game tickets are still available for purchase online and all general admission tickets remaining for baseball and softball games will continue to be sold to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. 

No day of walk-up sales are currently available for these games, so fans can purchase tickets online or by calling the Bulldog Ticket Office. Tickets are $5 and each individual is limited to purchasing four tickets per home game. 

Tickets for the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Lacrosse Championship hosted by Fresno State on April 30 and May 1 are currently available at $10 each for purchase online. Access to the West Coast Relays for Track and Field, held at the Veterans Memorial Stadium on April 30, will be based upon capacity availability. 

When attending these sporting events, all guests are expected to follow the health and safety guidelines as announced by the state which include wearing a face mask at all times and socially distancing between each section of patrons. 

No concession offerings will be available during these events so it’s advised that guests bring their own food and beverages excluding any forms of alcohol, glass bottles, large coolers or ice chests.