%28Fresno+State+Athletics%29+
(Fresno State Athletics)

Fresno State Basketball announces new MW schedule

Fresno State men’s and women’s basketball programs announce changes to their upcoming 2020-2021 season schedule.

The new Mountain West conference schedule structure will incorporate a 20-game schedule. The change will carry out for 11 weeks as long as the county and state guidelines are approved.

MWC teams will play each other in a two-game series that will span over three days. 

Each team will have five home and five away series. The MWC tournament will take place from March 7-10.

The MWC moved to this format in an attempt to provide the best safety for all team members. The expectation for this format is to be only one season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Here’s the breakdown of each program:

Men’s:

The Bulldogs will open up the season on the road on Dec. 28 and 30.

Fresno State will play the following teams on the road â€â€ Colorado State (Dec. 28 and 30), Nevada (Jan. 14 and 16), Boise State (Jan. 21 and 23), Air Force (Jan. 11 and 13) and UNLV (25 and 27).

The Bulldogs will host the following opponents at the Save Mart Center â€â€ Wyoming (Jan. 2 and 4), San José State (Jan. 8 and 10), New Mexico (Jan. 28 and 30), Utah State (Feb. 4 and 6) and San Diego State (Feb. 18 and 20).

In addition to the conference schedule, the Bulldogs will play three games in six days to start the season.

Fresno State will open up the season on Nov. 25 against William Jessup University. The Bulldogs will play their first road game in Stockton against the University of the Pacific Tigers on Nov. 27 and then host UC Riverside on Nov. 30.

Women’s:

Fresno State will open up the season at home against Colorado State on Dec. 28 and 30.

The Bulldogs will then hit the road to play against Wyoming (Jan. 2 and 4) and San José State (Jan. 8 and 10).

Fresno State returns for a homestand versus Nevada (Jan. 14 and 16) and Boise State (Jan. 21 and 23) before they have another traveling stint to face New Mexico (Jan. 28 and 30) and Utah State (Feb. 4 and 6).

The Bulldogs split their last three series of the season at home against Air Force (Feb. 11 and 13) and at San Diego State (Feb. 18 and 20).

Fresno State’s last regular-season series will be against UNLV on Feb. 25 and 27.

The women’s basketball team has yet to announce any nonconference games.