“Pride of the Valley” sign sits in front of the Save Mart Center on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2019. Pride of the Valley is a marketing campaign by Fresno State Athletics. (Larry Valenzuela /The Collegian)

Two members of Fresno State Basketball test positive for COVID-19

In an email from a Fresno State Athletics spokesperson, all in-person activities have been put on hold for Fresno State men’s basketball as two members of the program have tested positive for COVID-19.

“At this time, the two individuals that tested positive are in isolation, and all others are quarantining in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health guidelines,” Fresno State spokesperson Stephen Trembley said in the email.

The identities of the two members who tested positive were not disclosed in the email.

According to the email, in partnership with Valley Children’s Healthcare, Fresno State Athletics tests all student-athletes, coaches and team personnel three times a week and maintains cleaning at its facilities.

Activities will resume once deemed safe in consultation with team physicians and Fresno County public health officials.

Fresno State men’s and women’s basketball began practicing in early October as they are gearing up to begin their respective season on Nov. 25.

Click here to learn more about the upcoming changes to both the men’s and women’s basketball season.