Fresno State. (Jose Romo/The Collegian)

Fresno State releases on-campus requirements for fall 2020 semester

The fall 2020 semester is on the horizon for Fresno State students as Wednesday, Aug. 19 will be the first day of instruction for many. 

Beginning Aug. 17, students, staff and faculty will be required to complete daily health screenings and temperature checks if they plan to be on campus.

Daily screening questionnaires can be completed on a mobile device or by printing the completed web-based form. The questionnaire can also be accessed on the Fresno State app and on the fall 2020 website.

The questionnaire will ask a series of COVD-19 related questions. Once completed, depending on the answering of the questions, either a green check mark or a red check mark will pop up.

A green check mark will indicate that the person answering the questions is allowed on campus after they provide the public-safety staff their confirmation number at the checkpoint.

After receiving a green check mark, the person’s temperature will be checked, and they’ll receive a colored sticker indicating that particular day. Stickers must be displayed visibly on clothing.

If a person is not wearing a sticker, they will be asked to proceed to a checkpoint or leave campus.

Managers on campus are responsible for ensuring that employees working on campus complete screenings and that they display the appropriate stickers.

For red check marks, they will not be allowed on campus. If a person receives a red check mark they should contact medical providers, and for faculty or staff, they must inform immediate supervisors.

Checkpoints will be located at the Maple Circle off of Shaw Avenue, Matoian and Backer Avenue, Maple and San Ramon Avenue, Campus Drive Circle off of Barstow Avenue and Jackson and Keats Avenue between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m.

Between the hours of 12:01 and 7 p.m., the checkpoints will be held at Maple Circle off of Shaw Avenue and Campus Drive Circle off of Barstow Avenue. On Fridays, these checkpoints will be closed at 4 p.m.

A map of campus is located here.