Courtesy Fresno State Archive.
Courtesy Fresno State Archive.

Fresno State offers baseline COVID-19 testing at the Save Mart Center starting Aug. 10

Fresno State announced in a campus email that they’ll be partnering with Valley Children’s Healthcare (VCH) to give free and voluntary baseline COVID-19 testing.

According to the email, the testing will be offered only to students and faculty who will be on campus for the fall 2020 semester, and staff members (including student assistants) who are working on campus this summer or have been approved to return to work on campus in August.

The testing will begin on Monday, Aug. 10 in the Save Mart Center between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The university has designated days for each division or group, however, on-campus staff and students may choose to get tested on any of the following days.

The university has asked that prior to one’s arrival they must complete the Daily Health Screening Tool and bring their phone to the testing site to demonstrate that they have been cleared to be on campus.

Members of the campus community should bring their photo ID and arrive at the northwest entrance to the Save Mart Center. VCH staff will administer a COVID-19 nasal swab test.

Monday, Aug. 10 ”” Friday, Aug. 21 (excluding Aug. 16)

• Faculty and students who will be on campus for the fall 2020 semester for in-person classes.

Monday, Aug. 10

• Administrative Services

Tuesday, Aug. 11

• Administrative Services
  • Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management

Wednesday, Aug. 12

• Dining/Housing/Programs for Children staff
  • Office of the President
  • Technology Services
  • University Advancement

Thursday, Aug. 13

• Athletics staff

Friday, Aug. 14

• Academic Affairs
  • Make-Up Day (for those who were not able to participate on their division or group’s designated day)

Saturday, Aug. 15

• Fresno State Housing Residents