Fresno State President Dr. Joseph I. Castro announces the new temporary COVID-19 public lab as part of a partnership with Fresno county in front of the Jordan Agricultural Research Center on Tuesday, April 14, 2020. (Larry Valenzuela/ The Collegian)

Three Fresno State employees have confirmed cases of COVID-19

Fresno State President Dr. Joseph I. Castro said three members of Fresno State’s campus community have confirmed cases of COVID-19.

In a campus email, Castro said these three members have worked on campus recently, but these cases are not due to community spread.

“Our thoughts are with each of the affected individuals, and we wish them a speedy recovery,” Castro said.

The university has said they have contacted anyone identified who has had close contact with individuals if they need to quarantine or self-isolate. Castro also added that facilities visited by these individuals have been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected or temporarily closed.

Fresno State has said they’re taking several actions since learning of these confirmed cases such as: making sure these individuals get the care they need, following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local health guidance and activating rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols.

“We understand that this news may be unsettling, but we want to assure you that your safety and well-being is our No. 1 priority,” Castro said.

The university added some important reminders for students, faculty and staff, which include wearing a face covering, practicing social distancing, washing hands with soap and water and staying home if anyone in the house is suspected COVID-19 positive.

“Our primary focus is the health and safety of our campus community, and our mission remains empowering every student for success,” Castro said. “The situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve in our region, and we must remain collectively vigilant.”