Pokiland Fresno off of Champlain/Perrin to follow orders of only takeout and online delivery during Coronavirus. Fresno, CA Monday, March 16, 2020. (Anjanae Freitas/The Collegian)

Local restaurants make changes due to the coronavirus

Fresno’s local restaurants will take a toll during this time of quarantine due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) while restaurants have banned people to dine-in.

The City of Fresno declared a state of emergency to fight COVID-19 where restaurants and businessness have now been limited to take-out and delivery services.

Mayor Lee Brand has prohibited events or meetings of 50 or more to close, and enforced that bars and restaurants reduce their occupancy accordably on Monday, March 16.

Fresno Police and Code Enforcement will closely monitor this situation in order for all restaurants to remain open. 

Restaurants that do not abide by this, will be punishable by fine or possibly imprisonment.

This has gone into effect by companies reducing prices, offering discounted delivery, and ensuring to maintain a safe and healthy environment for their customers.

Local restaurants in Fresno have made changes to ensure they can remain open for their customers. This includes the following:

Pokiland Fresno/Clovis

Will offer no sales taxes on all Pokibowl orders and Pokibowls will be reduced by $1. Loyalty points for customers will also be rewarded to all online purchases through their Pokiland App. The App can be downloaded in the App Store and Google Play. Their company has also released a statement via Instagram implementing deeper hourly cleaning and excellent hygiene to protect their customers food and safety. For further information, visit their Instagram @eatpokiland.

The Yellow Mug Coffee Shop/The Mug

Will currently remain open for their normal business hours for as long as they can remain open. According to their Instagram, they stated that they may have to close their business down in the next few weeks to due to the hit this has taken on their company. They are asking the community to donate to their GoFundMe — https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-the-mug?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

El Cochinito Contento 

Has taken precautions by deep cleaning and constantly sanitizing all areas during this time. They will currently remain open for their normal business hours but only accept take-out orders that can order via phone, (559) 486-2833, and their delivery platforms.

Boba Silog

Will follow social distancing by offering food through their delivery platforms. If your order is $30 dollars or more, they will deliver to you. You must call your order in and be within a five-mile radius. Transactions can be made through cash, check, and Venmo. 

The Collect Coffee Bar 

On 3/19 to help with social distancing, they will be offering cold growlers made with beans from Fulton Street Coffee and Hi -Top Coffee. Starting at $30 a growler, customers can get eight days worth of prepaid cold brew this allows customers to support local and stay in quarantine. To place orders, you can contact them on Instagram @collectcoffeebar

Quesadilla Gorilla

has updated their app to help customers order ahead for big groups wanting food. They have discontinued use of unwrapped disposable utensils with prepackaged ones along with serving drinks in single use cups and providing Togo boxes behind counters per request for box.              

Ampersand Ice Cream 

Will be taking orders through takeout and offering curbside only. They ask customers to please call ahead in orders, if not they must leave the shop right after receiving their order. They will now close at 9 p.m. rather than 11 p.m.