Fresno State guard Aguir Agau shoots a 3-pointer against San Jose State on Saturday, January 4, 2020 at the Save Mart Center. In the game, Agau scored eight points and grabbed six rebounds in 23 minutes. (Armando Carreno/The Collegian)

Fresno State guard Aguir Agau enters transfer portal

Fresno State men’s basketball guard Aguir Agau is reportedly looking to transfer from Fresno State, entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal.­

The 6-foot-7 and 190-pound guard played two seasons for the Fresno State Bulldogs. 

As Agau enters the portal, he will essentially become a free agent, and schools interested in his services can begin contacting him.

During his freshman year, Agau was one of three Bulldogs to play in all 32 games as he averaged 3.3 points and 2.2 rebounds per game. 

The biggest game of his freshman year was against Air Force in the Mountain West quarterfinals. Agau scored a season-high 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting from the field and 4-of-6 from 3-point range as the Bulldogs beat the Falcons, 76-50.

In the first four games of his sophomore season, Agau averaged 10.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. He notched his career-high in that stretch, scoring 20 points and grabbing seven rebounds against Cal State San Bernardino.

Agau’s production dropped after that, and he suffered an injury at New Mexico on Jan. 7 that kept him sidelined for weeks. After that game, Agau only averaged around 8.3 minutes per game in his last six games as a Bulldog.

Coming out of high school, Agau was a three-star recruit. He earned the 2017 DENG Camp USA Most Valuable Player honors, and he was nominated for the 2018 McDonald’s All-American game.

Another player entering the transfer portal is Bulldogs’ forward Lazaro Rojas. Fresno State now has five potential departures from its 2019-20 roster –New Williams, Nate Grimes, Noah Blackwell, Agau and Rojas.

At the moment, recruiting has come to a standstill due to COVID-19. The NCAA announced on March 13 that they’re banning in-person recruiting until April 15. 

With that announcement, college basketball teams are limited to phone calls and written correspondence, according to the NCAA.