Running back Ronnie Rivers runs the ball into the end zone but is stopped short by Colorado State during Fresno State’s homecoming game at Bulldog Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019. (Larry Valenzuela/ The Collegian)

Fresno State football suspends all organized team activities until April 13

Fresno State football has decided to suspend all organized team activities until at least March 29 due to the spread of the coronavirus, according to a statement from the team’s Twitter account.

The full statement reads:

“For the safety and health of our student athletes, and our community, the Fresno State football program will suspend all organized team activities until at least March 29 as we closely monitor the COVID-19 situation.”

This announcement comes two days after Fresno State Athletics decided to suspend all spring competitions indefinitely. In that announcement, athletics said that team activities would be suspended until March 18, but Fresno State football has moved that date to March 29,

On March 16, Fresno State Athletics said in a statement that all organized team activities will be suspended until at least April 13 in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

This encompasses all team practices, strength and conditioning activities and team meetings, according to the statement.

This story will continue to be updated.