Fresno State wide receiver Davante Adams runs the ball all the way to the end zone for a 75-yard score on the Bulldogs’ first play of the game. Fresno State defeated UNLV 38-14 last Saturday. Photo by Roe Borunda/The Collegian

Former Fresno State star Davante Adams signs with Jordan Brand

Former Fresno State football wide receiver and current Green Bay Packers WR Davante Adams revealed today that he signed an official endorsement deal with the Jordan Brand. 

Before the deal, Adams had been signed with Nike since his rookie year with the Green Bay Packers.

Adams said in an interview with the Air Jordan website that he’s been a lifelong fan of the brand, and he is excited to be with the company. 

“It was something I always thought about. I wanted to be part of Jordan Brand, because I saw Randy Moss, my favorite receiver, wearing Jordans when I was younger,” Adams said. “I wanted to do everything like Randy. The next part was getting to the Nike family. Everything ended up working out well. Now, we made the dream come true.”

Adams said he owns a “couple hundred” pairs of Jordans in his shoe collection, and he was able to design his own cleats on campus. 

“Jordan cleats are the best-looking and best-feeling cleats. It’s a no-brainer, since comfort is such an important part of my game,” Adams said. “If you look good or feel good, you play good. Everything changes when you put on Jordans.“­

Coming out of high school, Adams only received two Division I offers, Fresno State and San Diego State, ultimately choosing the Bulldogs over the Aztecs.

In two seasons as a Bulldog, Adams had 233 catches for 3,031 yards and 38 touchdowns. In his first season, he was named Mountain West Freshman of the Year with 102 catches for 1,312 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Adams was also first-team all conference in every season at Fresno State and was awarded the Paul Warfield Trophy as the nation’s top collegiate receiver.

Among other accolades, Adams led the NCAA in his sophomore season with 131 receptions, playing alongside Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.

In the past four seasons with the Green Bay Packers, he has caught 343 passes for 4,265 yards and 40 touchdowns. He’ll be joining other star wideouts in the NFL who have signed with the brand like Michael Crabtree, Michael Thomas and Golden Tate.

Adams said it’s a blessing to be a big face for the Jordan family. 

“It’s awesome, man. It’s a huge blessing. I definitely don’t take it for granted. It’s something that I’ve been looking forward to for a long time now,” Adams said. “To see it finally come into fruition, it’s a dream come true. To know that MJ was part of the approval process means the world to me.”