Fresno State’s Music Building (Jose Romo/The Collegian)

Music Department to Showcase ‘Carmina Burana’ Spring 2020

The Fresno State music department’s  alumni, faculty and students will perform three acts of Carl Off’s “Carmina Burana,” a popular piece for classical music fans. 

All proceeds of the two performances will benefit the Music Student Scholarship fund. 

“Carmina Burana” focuses on 24 medieval poems in Latin. The works are divided into three sections: “In Spring,” “In the Tavern” and “Court of Love.”

The symphony orchestra and the Fresno State grand chorus will also perform under the direction of Cari Earnhart, who will conduct 150 performers. Alongside Maria Briggs, faculty memeber, Alumni’s Aaron Burdick and Lim Forgery will perform as vocal soloists during the show.

In a recent Fresno State press release, Matthew Darling, chair of Fresno State department of music, stated, “We are extremely excited to perform this popular work for the Central Valley community and hope to raise significant scholarship funds for our students in the process.” 

The concert will take place on March 13 and March 14 at 2:30 p.m. and March 15 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for the general public, $15 for seniors and $5 for students.

Parking will be free in Lots P1 and P31.
For any further questions or information, contact the Fresno State music department at (559) 278-2654