Melaine Martinez “Cry Baby” Tour at The Catalyst, in Santa Ana, CA on Tuesday, Sep. 29, 2015. Photo By: Anjanae Freitas

Melanie Martinez making her way to Fresno this summer

Pop star Melanie Martinez announces her new single “Copy Cat ” in a recent press release from Atlantic Records. 

“Copy Cat” along with her first solo feature on her album since her 2019 “K-12”, the single release will come out an EP titled “After School”, which is due for release this spring. 

“This song was written years ago and from an empathetic perspective, even while in a very hurt place. 

We’re all told that imitation is flattery to ease the pain that the ego feels when other people get credited for our ideas and our work, ” said Martinez in an Atlantic Records press release. 

“But being human includes feeling a multitude of feelings, and naturally this song came about when expressing those very raw emotions.” said Martinez in a recent press realase from Alantic Records.

“I hope this song can not only bring comfort to anyone experiencing that feeling but also remind them to empathize with people who are just doing what society has conditioned them to believe will make them successful.” she said.

Martinez’s first pro-claimed album was titled “Cry Baby” an alternative, indie, and electropop album earning over 1 million sales according to her website. 

The theme of albums tell the story of a child whoa is experincing adult experiences and a messy child in her most vulnerable state.

According to Martinez in a recent interview with Variety Magazine, the new EP follows the story elements that are present in her sophomore album, “K-12.” However, the songs will be more personal to Melanie rather than relating to her character “Cry Baby”.

That theme follows into her new single “Copy Cat” telling accusing a friend of coping her style and trying to make it big. 

The chours reading:

“You’re the copy cat

You take it then you leave it

Honey, just like that

You’re falling flat

You find someone like me to bring you up right back up right back

Copy Cat.”

Martinez  included American rapper Tierra Whack on the her new single In the Atlantic Record press release, Whack said, “Martinez is the sweetest, most realist, most genuine person I have ever met.” 

In the press release, Martinez announced her major North American headline tour produced by Live Nation – her biggest tour and stage production yet to date.

For the first time, Martinez will make her way to the William Saroyan Theatre on July 15, 2020. 

Martinez has partnered with PLUS1 for the “K-12 Tour ” to support crisis intervention and sucide prevention services for the LGBTQ youth.

She is also partnering with the Trevor Project for her US dates, and local organizations to support and empower the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ communities.

Tickets are now on sale to the general public. Citi is the official presale credit card of the K-12 Tour. 

Tickets rage from as$50 dollars to $300 dollars.

For more tour dates and tour information, visit Ticketmaster.com