(Brian Archuleta/The Collegian)

Me and my water bottle against the world

Have you ever seen a simple post on social media, and it gets you to think? 

As the spring semester gets under way, I came across a post on Twitter that talked about the first day of the spring semester being upon us and it was that person and their water bottle against the world. 

Simple right?

But it really got me thinking. I know my family and friends are in my corner supporting me through this journey but the one thing that is physically with me every step of the way on this journey is my water bottle.

Yes, I know this is something silly to write about but, this 67-ounce water bottle takes the 2-hour bus trip from Visalia to Fresno and back, takes every step with me on campus and sits in every class that I have. It is almost like my water bottle has become my security blanket that I need with me. 

Trust me, I see how childish this sounds as I read it back to myself. But think about something that you have with you every day on your journey against the world and how would you feel if for some reason you left it behind. It would throw off your whole day, right?

All I am saying is we all secretly have that one thing that we must have with us to get us through our day and for me it is my tall silver water bottle that my wife fills up with cold water every morning before I head out the door.

By now you are thinking what the heck is this guy talking about or you have just stopped reading and that is OK. I promise I do have a point to this. If something simple as a social media post gets you to think about your own journey, it just goes to show you have powerful the words of others can be. They can inspire you or in some cases hurt you.

Throughout this semester I will chronicle my journey against the world as I march forward toward my goal of getting that long-awaited degree. I hope in some weird way my words can help or even get you to think about your own journey through this roller coaster of a spring semester.

I will simply end this blog with this: Today I am ready to take on the world with my water bottle in hand.