Fresno State Criminology Professor Keith Clement was named a “cyber hero” by Cyber Guild for his work. Photo courtesy of Cyber Guild

Criminology professor hailed “cyber hero” by organization

Keith Clement, professor of criminology at Fresno State, has been acknowledged as a “cyber hero” in an article published this month by Cyber Guild. 

Clement was recognized for developing the California Cybersecurity Career Education Pipeline and Pathway Project. 

The project will provide more cybersecurity education for students as young as middle school to college. The goal of the project is to prepare 50,000 people to enter the field between January 2020 and December 2030.

Clement received a Scientific Leadership Early Career Faculty Award from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and ran a California State University Faculty Affinity Group, CSU Council for Emergency Management and Homeland Security, for many years. 

Clement received a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and his B.A. and M.A. degrees from San Diego State University. His research has been published in academic journals such as the American Journal of Criminal Justice, Critical Criminology and Police Chief.

Cyber Guild praised the profesor, calling him “the perfect person to help achieve systematic change because of his expertise.” 

Clement currently teaches nine criminology classes on campus.