The Gibson Farm Market is located at 5368 N. Chestnut Ave. (Benjamin Cruz/The Collegian)

Gibson Farm Market Holiday Open House this weekend

New seasonal products, samples, discounts and free wine tastings will be showcased at the Gibson Farm Market (GFM) Holiday Open House, located at 5368 N. Chestnut Ave., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7, according to a Fresno State news release.

The free wine tasting will include fine wines made by Fresno State Winery students, such as Alicante Bouchet, Albarino, Greneche Rosé and Toca Zinfandel from 2 to 5 p.m.

That isn’t the only free things customers can enjoy. There will also be free samples of holiday flavor-coated almonds and pretzels for the public to eat.

Special discounts for a select amount of holiday products will be available. Some of these holiday eatery and souvenir items include pretzels, almonds and raisins, candy bars, olive oil, coffee, dried fruit, Bulldog clothing and license plate holders, coffee mugs, stainless glassware and cutting boards.

The Student Nutrition Dietetics Association club will also host a cranberry sauce waffle-making demonstration at 11:30 a.m.

For local items created at the GFM, shoppers can also purchase peppermint candy ice cream cones and custom-made gift baskets with products selected from the campus farm.

With an array of products to choose from and explore at the GFM, customers can be sure to catch some interesting finds during this holiday-themed open house event for gift ideas as Christmas approaches.

The farm market is also collecting donations through Thursday, Dec. 5 for the ASI Helping Hams campaign to purchase hams for local families and university students in need who are dealing with food insecurity issues.

For any other questions regarding the GFM or this holiday open house event, call 559.278.4511.