Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics

Athletics to change branding for 2020

After last week’s announcement of a new apparel deal with Adidas, Fresno State Athletics has announced a revamping of the Bulldog brand for all athletic purposes, according to a news release. 

The revamping will take place during the upcoming year and is being made to reflect an update on a brand, Fresno State, which is rich with history and tradition. 

Some of these changes have been rolled out slowly this semester in volleyball games, wrestling matches and basketball games. This is all in an effort to engage new audiences, improve retail offerings and establish Fresno State Athletics as a nationally recognized brand. 

The biggest change is that the color red will be bolder in order to contrast with the traditional navy blue used by the university. There will also be a change in the font used for the lettering of the sport and the Fresno State name. 

Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics

Athletics will slowly roll out the new branding, incorporating the colors, logo lockups, fonts into uniforms, signage, website and social media channels, as well as marketing materials and officially licensed merchandise.