Bailey Alexander riding in the reining competition against University of Georgia at the Student Horse Center on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019. (Larry Valenzuela/ The Collegian)

Alexander earns consecutive Big 12 monthly honors

Fresno State equestrian freshman reiner Bailey Alexander was named the Big 12 Conference Reining Rider of the Month for her efforts in November, according to a Fresno State Athletics news release.

This is the second consecutive Big 12 monthly honor for Alexander, as she also picked up the award in the month of October. 

Alexander earns the award after going 3-0 in November with wins against Baylor, Georgia and UC Davis. The true freshman leads the Reining squad with an undefeated 6-0 mark on the year.

Alexander also picked up three Most Outstanding Player honors this fall. The freshman was also named the National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA) November Reining Rider of the Month last week.

The Redding, California native owns the highest Reining ride of the season for the Bulldogs, she scored a 75 at UC Davis on November 15. Her 75 is the seventh highest in program history and the highest by any Fresno State equestrian since senior Paige Barton tied the program record with a 76.5 on March 20, 2019.

Alexander becomes the first Bulldog to earn back-to-back conference rider of the month honors since Taylor Brown was named the United Equestrian Conference Horsemanship Rider of the Month in September and October of 2016.

Fresno State has had a Big 12 Rider of the Month in each month of its first season with the conference. The Bulldogs are tied with Oklahoma State University for the most Big 12 Riders of the Month this season, with four each, while Baylor University and Texas Christian University have two apiece.

The ‘Dogs will return to action for spring season on Saturday February 1, 2020 against No. 1 Auburn at the Student Horse Center.