MCT
People in abusive relationships often have had their spirit broken. In order to help them, they have to be encouraged to begin to take action in their own lives and have hope for a new beginning. (MCT)

Stop ignoring the signs

Stop and take a look around you. 

The girl sitting next to you in class, the professor who stands in front of the class, the woman that rings you up at the counter could be covering his/her wounds up with makeup. 

Being in a domestically violent relationship can happen to anyone: women, men, wealthy people, poor people, there are victims of every race that can be exposed to this toxic behavior. 

We should not have to wait for a victim of this crime to be murdered as a wake up call in our community. Do not let it be too late for that victim. 

We, as a community, play a big role in preventing domestic violence from happening. We need to stand together and let victims of domestic violence know we are here, and we are listening. 

It is easy for someone to overlook the red flags of a new relationship. Do you know the signs of a future with domestic violence in a relationship? 

For anyone looking for more information, please visit mmcenter.org. This program is located in Fresno at 1600 M St. and can assist domestic violence victims with a safe house, legal assistance counseling and crisis support.