Fresno State students check out games and activities at booths during the National Student Day celebration in front of the Kennel Bookstore on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019. (Larry Valenzuela/The Collegian)

National Student Day celebration on campus

National Student Day was celebrated by Fresno State as it hosted some fun festivities for students on campus in front of the lawn of the Kennel Bookstore on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019.

From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., students were able to enjoy an array of games, prizes, music, goodie bags and free food at several booths from both campus and the local community.

Photo ops were at an all time high as students posed to take pictures in front of the inflatable bulldog that football players are often seen running through during games.

Some of the booths set up in the lawn area included Associated Students, Inc. (ASI), Jamba Juice, Fresno State Athletics, Juice It Up, the radio station Q97.1 and Fresno State Homecoming.

The local radio station Q97.1 not only played music for attendees to listen to but also held a hula hoop competition for students to participate in as a way to win some free prizes.

With lots of opportunities to win free food, students could even fill out a stamp card by visiting nine booths to earn free churros and goodie bags.

The goodie bags were located at the University Student Union’s (USU) booth and included a Yogurtland coupon, scantron, pencil, gum, eraser and free bowling pass to use in the lower level of the USU.

Some other useful items students could get ahold of at the celebration were mini pumpkins from ASI, stress ball pineapples from Jamba Juice, themed cups from Fresno State Homecoming and shirts from the Student Recreation Center.