Fresno State’s Music Building (Jose Romo/The Collegian)

International Cello Festival to perform on campus

The “2019 International Cello Festival” will take place on the Fresno State campus from Oct. 31 through Nov. 3 and will include two large gala concerts with orchestras, a concerto competition and many master classes and lecture sessions, according to a Fresno State news release. 

Attendees can look forward to local violin makers also showing their instruments and answering any questions.

There will be international guest artists present, one of whom will be Tsuyoshi Tsutsumi.  He was a professor of cello at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, president of the Toho Gakuen School of Music in Japan, music director of Kirishima International Music Festival and is currently the president of the famed Suntory Hall in Tokyo. 

The “Cello Mania” concert features the Fresno State Symphony Orchestra and will be at 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1 at the Fresno State Concert Hall.

Tickets can be purchased by attendees for $15 for general admission, $10 for employees and seniors and $5 for students. 

The 2019 Fresno Concerto Competition is at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 at the Fresno State Concert Hall in the Music Building. Admission is free. 

The “Closing Gala Concert” is at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 4 at Fresno High School’s Royce Hall. Admission will be free.