The Faculty Chamber Music concert and violin and viola concert will have their performances in the Music Building’s Concert Hall on Oct. 4 and Oct. 5 at 8 p.m. (Jose Romo/The Collegian)

Guest artists visit Fresno State for violin, viola concerts

The Fresno State Music Department will hold violin and viola festival concerts on Oct. 4 and 5 at 8 p.m. in the Music Building’s Concert Hall. The concerts will feature renowned guest artists violinist Martin Beaver and violist Che-Yen Chen

On Oct. 4, Beaver and Chen will join Fresno State faculty Limor Toren-Immerman, Michael Chang and Thomas Loewenheim, and Fresno State student Kelvin Diaz Inoa, for the Faculty Chamber Music concert.

On Oct. 5, director Loewenheim will guide guest artists Beaver and Chen in the Fresno State Symphony Orchestra.

Included in the festival are free daytime master classes by Beaver and Chen, which can be accessed by students who RSVP.

Tickets for the Faculty Chamber Music concert are available to the general public for $15; Fresno State faculty for $10; and Fresno State students and seniors for $5. 

Tickets for the violin and viola festival concert are available to the general public for $15; Fresno State faculty and seniors for $10; and Fresno State students for $5. 

Parking is free in all green and yellow lots for both concerts.