“Pride of the Valley” sign sits in front of the Save Mart Center on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2019. Pride of the Valley is a marketing campaign by Fresno State Athletics. (Larry Valenzuela /The Collegian)

Fresno State partners with KAIL-TV to broadcast games locally

Fresno State Athletics has come together with KAIL-TV to provide a broadcast package that will bring the football team and both men’s and women’s basketball teams to its over-the-air network during the 2019-2020 season, according to a Fresno State athletics news release.

KAIL-TV launches with this Saturday’s football game as the ‘Dogs travel to the University of Hawai’i in a pivotal Mountain West conference game. The game starts at 9 p.m. pacific PT, 6 p.m. local time.

KAIL-TV will also carry five basketball games for both the men’s and women’s programs during the teams’ seasons, starting with three non-conference men’s games during the holiday season and two Mountain West matchups after the New Year. 

The five games that will be broadcast will be Mountain West matchups, which will be held after the New Year. Before all 10 of the basketball broadcasts, there will be a 30-minute pregame show to kick off the games.

KAIL-TV, also known as My Central Valley or MyCV, reaches about 1.4 million viewers in Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Kings and Tulare counties in HD, according to the release. The broadcasts for these games can be found on channel 7.1 over the air, or antenna, in the greater Fresno area. To find KAIL-TV on cable, contact your local cable provider or visit kail.tv/home/cable-systems.